1. Juridical scope of data protection declaration
This Privacy Notice is applicable for the use of the following website: https://www.levitronix.com and applies exclusively to the use of our website by any internet user.
2. Contact details of the responsible data protection officer and office
This data protection declaration applies to any data processing by:
Counsellor Data Protection
Supervisory Authority Switzerland
Eidgenössischen Öffentlichkeits- und Datenschutzbeauftragter, EDÖB
3. Processing of personal data, nature scope and purpose and its usage
While browsing and using our website https://www.levitronix.com information will be temporary saved on a so-called log file on our server. The browser of your (end-) device will send following information automatically:
- IP-address of the contacting device
- Date and time of server request
- Name and URL of the accessed pages
- Browser type and version and other information of your device, such as the operating system of your computer, the name of your access provider, geographical origin, language setting, etc.
The above-mentioned data will be processed by the controller for the following purposes:
- Comfortable and smooth connection set-ups of the websites
- Comfortable use of our websites
- Evaluation of system security and stability
- To evaluate and optimize our content for you
The legal basis for data processing is legitimate interest according to art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest follows from the purposes listed above for data collection. Under no circumstances, we do use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you personally.
We use session cookies on our website. These are small files that your browser automatically creates and that are stored on your device (laptop, tablet, smartphone, etc.) when visiting our website. The cookies we use do not allow us to identify you. Session cookies are used for the optimal functioning of our website.
The data processed by cookies is required for the aforementioned purposes in order to protect our legitimate interests and interests of third parties pursuant to art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR.
5. Web Analytics
In order to improve our online services, we occasionally evaluate with Matomo (formerly Piwik) how the page is used. The application stores cookies on your computer to identify different users. Your IP addresses are shortened, so that a direct personal relation can be excluded. The IP addresses transmitted by your browser via Matomo is not merged with other data collected by us. We delete the pseudonymzed data about you after the creation of the statistic. This evaluation is carried out on the basis of our justified interest in the improvement of the online offer (Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR).
6. Registration for events
When you register for our events through our website, we collect from you your contact details. We only do this after you have given us your permission to do so (with Double-Opt-In). We process this data for the event, to display your name on a name tag during the event and to provide all attendees an attendees list, to provide you with current event information such as agenda etc.
After the event we use your data to inform you about upcoming events. In every automated sent email, you will find a link at the end of the email to unsubscribe from information about our events.
We use Rapidmail to email our event information. Therefore, your data will be disclosed to Rapidmail GmbH. Rapidmail GmbH is prohibited from using your data for purposes other than sending the newsletter. Rapidmail GmbH is not permitted to pass on or sell your data. Rapidmail is a German, certified newsletter software provider, which was carefully selected according to the requirements of the GDPR and the BDSG.
7. Cross-border disclosure to third countries without an adequate level of data protection
In connection with the processing activities related to the website, no processing takes place in or from a third country without an adequate level of data protection.
8. Your rights
Your rights as a data subject are:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us (art. 8 DSG). In particular, you may request information about the purposes of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if these have not been collected by us, and the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on their details (art. 15 GDPR and art. 8 DSG). In the event of disproportionately high costs, we reserve the right to require you to provide us with an identification card and to assume the actual costs in advance.
- to obtain information on the legal basis of the processing (art. 8 para. 2 lit. b DSG).
- to demand immediately the correction of incorrect or complete personal data stored by us (art. 16 GDPR and art. 5 para. 2 DSG).
- to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims (art. 17 GDPR and art. 15 DSG).
- to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful, but you refuse to delete it and we no longer need the data, but if you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or if you have filed an objection against the processing pursuant to art. 21 GDPR (art. 18 GDPR and art. 15 DSG).
- to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, current and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another person responsible (art. 20 GDPR).
- to revoke your consent once given to us at any time. As a consequence, in the future, we are no longer allowed to continue data processing based on this consent (Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR).
- to complain to a supervisory authority (see above) (art. 77 GDPR).
9. Right to object
If your personal data will be processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to art. 21 GDPR provided that there are reasons for this arising from your particular situation or the objection to direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we will implement without specifying a particular situation.
10. Data security
We take appropriate measures to ensure that your personal data cannot be viewed or stolen by third parties without any permission. In particular by taking appropriate technical (e.g. firewall, password protection, etc.) and organizational (e.g. restriction of authorized persons, training of authorized persons, etc.) measures, we ensure that only authorized persons have access to this data.
However, you should always be aware that the transmission of information via internet and other electronic devices bears certain security risks and that we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted in this way.
Your personal data in connection with our website will be transmitted to us SSL-encrypted from this website. We protect our website with technical and organizational measures against unauthorized access.
11. Data retention and deletion of personal data
We will record your data for the following period:
- We store data that we process by law during the statutory retention period, for example if required to do so by Labour Law, Social Security, Tax or Accounting Laws and Regulations.
- We keep the data for the performance of a contract at least for the duration of the contract and for a maximum of ten (10) years thereafter unless we need the data to assert our rights.
- Data that we process to protect our legitimate interests will be kept for a maximum of 10 (ten) years after the end of the contractual relationship unless we need the data to assert our rights.
- Application documents will be deleted or destroyed after six months.
- Data which were no longer needed will be deleted or destroyed when the purpose of processing and the basis for processing become invalid unless there is a legal obligation to keep them.
12. Amendment of this Privacy Notice
Zurich, February 4, 2020, version 1.2